Wednesday 3 September 2008

Wednesday 3rd September 2008






















































I have finally arrived to Skagastrond after a lengthy bus journey. At the moment I am not sure what I can say other than "its going to be an experience". Lets just say it's pretty desolate, there are not many houses, and it really is in the middle of nowhere. It's almost hard to remember being in Reykjavik this morning, it seems like another country.
I checked out the local supermarket and for all the talk of there being no fruit and veg, they had salad in packets, berries, and even mangoes!
The studio is nice and spacious, its is in an old fish factory. What used to be the freezer is used for exhibitions. I have already taken a few photos and I am anxious to start painting.
My legendary organisational skills have let me down once again as I am here without paint. Yes with-out-paint. Basically when I closed my suitcase, I realised I couldnt lift it. The oil paints alone and my tripod weighed in at 15kg. So I left without the stuff, my parents are sending it to me with parcel force, god bless them. So I'm not feeling like Ive achieved the bold gesture of independence I was going for, but what the hell! Im here now, and my paints will arrive on Monday. I hope. So, treats for the eye, here are some photos of Skagastrond.

2 comments:

G.W.B. said...

Good luck.

W

Clement said...

Ca va donner tout ca! Les photos sont cool et au moins t'as du beau temps!
Bonne chance dans le grand Nord!
Bisous/A+