Monday 29 September 2008

last day in Iceland

Today is my last day in Iceland. I arrived yesterday in Reyjavik, and I stayed at the Sim house (Sim is the association of visual arts in iceland) in Seljavegur where other art residents have spent the month. There is a great atmosphere here and yesterday we all went to the local swimming pool, with naturally hot water and hot pots all outdoors, it was really relaxing. Today I visited the city in more depth, its a really exciting place, with lots of shopping to do and museums and galleries. In a bit I will go down to the harbour and have some lobster soup. Then tomorrow morning Im taking the bus to the airport which stops at the Blue Lagoon for one last relaxing swim before take-off!
I really enjoyed my month in Iceland, and am without a doubt coming back next year, I would like to try May when the sun never sets. If anyone is reading this and thinking about visiting Iceland or doing a residency, think no more, you will have no regrets. Its just brilliant here. Im looking forward to home and seeing my friends and family tomorrow.
Thanks for reading my blog. Till next year ...

No comments: